Dota 2 TTW update #3 - The Curse of 7.00

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dota 2 TTW update #3 - The Curse of 7.00

Post by H3katonkheir on 28/2/2017, 09:53

You remember that Dota 7.00 update? Well that ruined everything Tongue. Here's what the state of the map was looking like the day before that update:

I was planning on a public beta release if everything was working after the update. There was even someone who kindly wanting to make a promo video for it the following evening. After the update however, the map would spontaneously crash after region selection without reason. After literally days of looking for the cause I was forced to rebuild it together from the ground up (obviously a lot of the code is still reusable though). This time however I would properly segregate components.

Unfortunately this year I started with a full time job; I really do enjoy not starving to death Excited - so my time has been severely restricted. All is not lost though! I've recently completed all my other projects and have started dedicated every free moment I have to working on TTW (or writing this shitty update).

Maybe the only benefit of rebuilding something from the ground up is that you get to revisit a lot of old code (some of it really core) and I've ended up preventing many bugs and exploits that I would otherwise have missed. I've also introduced new systems, one of which is for defining builders which requires a fraction of the time and complexity of the previous (Valve's) system. As such I'm able to release twice as many builders as well as a few well needed touch-ups.

Here's a preview of the builders in the initial release:

• Ancient Forester (+ minor rework)
  • Golemancer
  • Bloodelf Worker
  • Crypt Lord (+ new towers)
  • Dragonlord
  • Mountain Wolf
  • Night Elf Summoner
  • Ogre Warchief
  • Rain Maker
  • Troll Summoner
  • Wild Beast (+ rework and new tower)
  • Wisp King
  • +3 Super-secret major remakes
These are actually pretty much completed, so I've got have that going for you Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

http://tropicaltowerwars.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Dota 2 TTW update #3 - The Curse of 7.00

Post by Nesquik on 1/3/2017, 21:59

Make bind as in ttw1

Give balance builders, but not as always Excited

Last edited by Nesquik on 5/3/2017, 04:39; edited 1 time in total
Nesquik

http://www.tropicaltowerwars.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gismo359 on 3/3/2017, 01:18

Hype! Also, curious about the super secret remakes, care to spoil a bit more? Excited

Gismo359

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 4/3/2017, 11:08

They wouldn't be super secret then Tongue! Some of the changes are pretty radical, will have to see if they make it to release.

I'm balancing as I go along, but 100% sure it won't be; fortunately for Dota 2 I can gather stats and balance over time.

I'm adding what I can to Warcraft TTW, but it'll never be the same Undecided...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

Back to top Go down

Post by DRag0N_ATF on 9/3/2017, 01:43

Oh boi.. I think I've just shed a tear.

Just for you to know, H3ka. There are people that do still care Wink
DRag0N_ATF

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wigertsson on 19/3/2017, 02:26

Hi man, is it possible to get some more screenshots of the ingame parts in TTW Smile? And if you would give an estimate (i know this is extremlly hard) how long untill we can see a alpha Excited?

Andreas Wigertsson

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 29/3/2017, 01:42

Thanks DRag0N_ATF Tongue

Andreas Wigertsson what would you like to see in particular Smile? I'm working on a new map layout and theme now that I've got a solid lore down.

If I was to give an estimate it would be September last year (or soon™er!) Censor, so I'd prefer not to. I'll put up a countdown somewhere closer to the time when I have a proper idea of time.

H3katonkheir

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Wigertsson on 29/3/2017, 01:46

Like everything Excited me and my friends always have been big fans of TTW, used to play it on lan all the time so would be fun just to see whats coming up Smile Also, if you would ever need any help with it i would be glad to help! dont know much about creating maps and such, but fast learner and i know programing quite good Excited But pictures of builders/the map/gifs of sending creeps(if its implemented yet) and so on, EVERYTHING Cool

Andreas Wigertsson

Back to top Go down

omg

Post by Jhune Legaspi on 25/4/2017, 02:50

i never knew that TTW would be playable for dota 2. I gave up the thought that I could play this game again. This is my favorite game ever. Im looking forward to the standalone version. I really hope for the boom of this game. I love this. kudos to the mods as always
Jhune Legaspi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nesquik on 25/5/2017, 08:14

Nesquik

http://www.tropicaltowerwars.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top