Tropical Tower Wars revive

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tropical Tower Wars revive

Post by }{odge-Podge on 6/3/2014, 06:15

Nesquik wrote:
}{odge-Podge wrote:My belief is that TTW as a Warcraft 3 map is effectively dead.
If maps are updated, it would be more popular. Imho. :|Version 5.50 needs some correction, but it is not present.  Sad

Of course, but the demand for a new map is too little to warrant the time and effort put into making the next version. We shall wait for the standalones though. H3ka has some pretty cool ideas Smile

}{odge-Podge

http://tropicaltowerwars.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nesquik on 6/3/2014, 14:54

}{odge-Podge wrote:

Of course, but the demand for a new map is too little to warrant the time and effort put into making the next version.
What do you want, having thrown map? Earlier TTW was as popular as the Legion TD, But now legion updated and still popular, but not TTW.  Sad Although TTW much better Legion TD.
Nesquik

http://www.tropicaltowerwars.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00vY on 17/4/2014, 04:18

So, yeah I'm a little late to the party. Played some killer TTW at a LAN last weekend. As one of the oldest TTW players I know I approve of the standalone idea. I used to play TTW before juggling was even really a thing, when Atrum-Amicus (who has long since disappeared from the scene) first started developing it he and I used to host games on Twilight W3 and it was like a bunfight to see who would get in before it was full... Those were the good old days... Such a pity its so dead now. Anyway, from my side thats a huge yes to the revival in ANY form. Count me in if ever it happens Smile Peace.

Gr00vY

Back to top Go down

Post by RUNK on 21/4/2014, 07:22

As I understand, you do not want to improve TTW in WC3 , you have just an idea to include TTW in SC3 .
I have seen comments from players , as TTW dies , well if it is logically not even TTW initiators do not know what to do.
Some time ago Nesquik registered and opened a bot TTW , but after a while we lost Ghotbot unknown reasons .
After losing his Ghostbot Russoka ( mog13 ) , I have not seen 1 year and 6 luni.Acum returned and opened a bot TTW recorded . We have many plans to make TTW most popular .
We need W3MMD that supports standard Ghost bot miss information Originating in the game scenario WC3 . I know he once asked to do this, and you have not helped . We bring the gratitude that we need him very much , the very for the sake of TTW .
If we take this will assure that TTW will be better and more popular , as we will post all the information from W3MMD .
That's just the beginning , we need from you. I hope you understand that I do not want evil, but good at TTW where you are initiators .
RUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00vY on 21/4/2014, 07:42

RUNK wrote:As I understand, you do not want to improve TTW in WC3 , you have just an idea to include TTW in SC3 .
I have seen comments from players , as TTW dies , well if it is logically not even TTW initiators do not know what to do.
Some time ago Nesquik registered and opened a bot TTW , but after a while we lost Ghotbot unknown reasons .
After losing his Ghostbot Russoka ( mog13 ) , I have not seen 1 year and 6 luni.Acum returned and opened a bot TTW recorded . We have many plans to make TTW most popular .
We need W3MMD that supports standard Ghost bot miss information Originating in the game scenario WC3 . I know he once asked to do this, and you have not helped . We bring the gratitude that we need him very much , the very for the sake of TTW .
If we take this will assure that TTW will be better and more popular , as we will post all the information from W3MMD .
That's just the beginning , we need from you. I hope you understand that I do not want evil, but good at TTW where you are initiators .

Google translate? xD Can anyone decipher what he is saying?

Gr00vY

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 25/4/2014, 00:52

@Gr00vY, I tried to translate it, but I failed Tongue. I understand the (extreme) gist of it, I think. BTW; Welcome to the forum Laugh

@RUNK, initially we were considering putting it on SC[2], but later it was concluded to be a bad idea.
WC3 has survived this long primarily because of DotA, since IceFrog (and company) have stopped development of DotA to focus on Dota2, WC3 will not survive for much longer.
Hence, no more effort will be put into development of TTW for WC3. No matter how many Ghostbot things you have running, TTW will not become popular on WC3.
A modern, standalone version will be developed at some point Smile and probably released through Steam.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

Back to top Go down

Post by IdontMind on 17/5/2014, 15:01

Hello, its 4am right now and i couldnt fall asleep and i recalled how much i liked the whole concept of ttw and also other custom maps like element td, pudge wars,etc. I too have considered creating it as a browser game from scratch.Wink I think we should abondon the custom map concept, as convenient as it may be. It just limits you to being an addition to somebodys community! I have some coding experience mostly with c++ and assembly but i am more then open to learning javascript/webgl/html5/whathaveyou. The way I see it, lets create TTW -browser version and then create a whole editor for browser based games estabilishing a new platform! I have busy couple of months ahead but come july/august I should have some time to commit to this. It might sound bit far fetched right now but I would really like to just sit down and write some code that will result in ttw in my browser one day!pls hekaton and others contact me via email on standa.terziev@gmail.com or on skype stanislaw.terziev
IdontMind

Back to top Go down

Post by D3zmodos on 20/5/2014, 03:16

Here we go again...

@RUNK Just before I stopped working on TTW I tried adding WC3MMD support. The whole map broke in an assortment of nonsensical ways (as wc3 maps do), as I say it was at a time where there wasnt as much interest in ttw development and it was the last thing before we released some version (I dont recall which) so I took it out rather.

@Everybody No ttw for wc3 isn't being developed anymore. No we aren't making ttwfor SC2. No we aren't making ttw for Dota 2. No we aren't making ttw as a browser game (at least not if I have anything to say about it or project artillery does crazy mad things). No we aren't going to make an entire custom map system like wc3 had. Yes we want to make a standalone TTW. No our reason for not doing it yet is not lack of competence. Yes it's because making games is hard. Yes its because making games takes a lot of time (which we don't really have).

H3k is the only one here who has the right idea. Trust me, we would love to have a standalone TTW ready for release right now, but we don't. I keep saying things like "I'll do it sometime(tm)" which is probably at least part of the reason why I haven't done it yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D3zmodos

Back to top Go down

Post by IdontMind on 20/5/2014, 11:07

Wink Seems you did not quite catch my drift.

Bottom line... I am offering help with development, because I do have an idea of how tedious it can be to develop a whole game.
Be it in browser or as an installable game..

I like C++, and dont mind if I have to learn a new language.

I am a busy person myself but I will have some time to commit to this in a few months and would like to help with developing one of my favourite games/game concepts.
IdontMind

Back to top Go down

Post by D3zmodos on 20/5/2014, 11:52

@IdontMind I did catch your drift. I just don't have much of a response for it. While your offer is noted and appreciated I unfortunately currently have nothing for you to help with (as you may have figured from my previous post).

D3zmodos

Back to top Go down

Post by IdontMind on 20/5/2014, 13:24

D3zmodos wrote:@IdontMind I did catch your drift. I just don't have much of a response for it. While your offer is noted and appreciated I unfortunately currently have nothing for you to help with (as you may have figured from my previous post).

And are you wokring on it already? OR are you planning on it?
IdontMind

Back to top Go down

Post by D3zmodos on 21/5/2014, 20:08

I have started a bunch of things that would be useful in an actual TTW project but no, I'm not currently working on it.

D3zmodos

Back to top Go down

Post by -x-Hazard-x- on 15/7/2014, 10:55

Been a while since last post, any news on the standalone, or possible Dota 2 custom game? Interested in helping with development on either. For those playing Dota 2, add me on Loxley

-x-Hazard-x-

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher on 16/7/2014, 03:12

Which one of the 93 Loxley's is you? Tongue

Also: Hazard is alive!? Surprised
LeafMuncher

Back to top Go down

Post by -x-Hazard-x- on 16/7/2014, 03:27

Hehe yup Smile Im the one with the bounty hunter icon Tongue

-x-Hazard-x-

Back to top Go down

Post by D3zmodos on 16/7/2014, 05:28

No news really, H3k and I have gotten slightly further on the path to starting a standalone. But no we aren't making a dota2 mod for it. I'll post stuff of our progress when I have something to post Smile

D3zmodos

Back to top Go down

Post by FlaMeBeRg on 16/7/2014, 23:19

If you want to read about this post please follow this link where it was discussed already

TTW on DotA 2

FlaMeBeRg

http://www.bnkr.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by -x-Hazard-x- on 23/7/2014, 00:38

Thanks, reading that clears up a lot. A seperate game now makes a lot more sense than a custom map! I hope that when/if developement starts/continues, that all goes well, and I look forward to playing TTW in the future!

-x-Hazard-x-

Back to top Go down

Hodge lives once again

Post by }{odge-Podge on 7/3/2015, 03:07

And are you working on it already? OR are you planning on it?

H3ka is the only person currently working on the TTW standalone, with my input in terms of looking at what he is doing and judging whether or not he is an idiot. Otherwise, dev is on a go slow because everybody who has an interest and the ability to work on it (I want to say "officially" here) is either dead, at university (or even both in my case).

H3ka should really drag is lazy ass in here and give you guys an update as to what is REALLY going on, I think. Will let him know that this discussion is alive again.
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gismo359 on 7/3/2015, 21:40

Cant wait for that!

Gismo359

Back to top Go down

Post by Valjavec on 13/3/2015, 02:37

Im waiting for news Excited
Valjavec

Back to top Go down

Post by FlaMeBeRg on 14/4/2015, 23:27

I spoke to H3ka again now he says the game is going pretty well but slow. "Like the game is easy enough, but the resources and the art and shit D:
Cubes can only be used so many times Wink"

So who's good at some paint skills? Excited (if only)

I really do ask him at least 3 times a week when I can play the damn thing but with this country's slow internet we can't really make use of uploading a 2gb file like that every time.

Will try and keep you guys more updated.

FlaMeBeRg

http://www.bnkr.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Gismo359 on 15/4/2015, 02:21

Tank you
Tanks for the update, I'm glad its going well!

Gismo359

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacius91 on 20/6/2015, 06:34

With the release of Dota 2 Reborn I hope it's easier for TTW to be ported. I've been waiting patiently for a long time for the port! I have some friends that are waiting too. Keep up the good work!

Glacius91

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoti So on 21/6/2015, 21:39

Oh yes. TTW on Dota2 please. I will help in any way Excited
Shoti So

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuul on 30/6/2016, 02:26

Just popping in to get a heads up on the progress.

Innocent
Zuul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top