Help Icons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Icons

Post by H3katonkheir on 3/3/2012, 00:14

This may be rejected fairly quickly as a suggestion, but anyway.

As a means of helping newer players understand some of the builders, I suggest an inclusion of an ability icon in each builder, perhaps indicating a few helpful hints about that builder like its; strengths or weaknesses, and some tidbits that a newer player could find useful. Shown as the abilities tooltip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

http://tropicaltowerwars.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Icons

Post by }{odge-Podge on 4/3/2012, 01:11

I like this Excited I know when I was n00b and didn't know what the heck was going on I'd have used this all the time and would have memorised it's teachings Tongue Smile
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by russoka on 15/5/2012, 08:33

If I understand correctly, you want to include additional information in the description of the builder? Or, to change the image builder for the purpose of it was clear?
I suggest that his decision. Divide into groups of builders in different buildings. Like DOTA division str agi int. At the same time is another reason to consider the balance of the races. Because there are still virtually useless and very useful race. Divide into groups - Cheap-cost - Normal-cost - Hi-cost. Strong in the Beginning - in the Middle - in the End.

Cheap-cost:
in the Beginning: Troll Summoner, Night Elf Summoner, Evolution's helper, Crypt Lord.
in the Middle: Lord Buzan, Goblin Engineer, Demon Conjurer, Wisp King.
in the End: Robotized Tinker.
Normal-cost:
in the Beginning: Flame Misteress.
in the Middle: Human Peasant, Ogre Warchief, Brotherhood Summoner, Poseidon's Guard, Forsaken Emissary, Lich's Brethren.
in the End: Water builder, Ancient Forester, Rain Maker, Chaos Kodobeast.
Hi-cost:
in the Beginning: Bloodelf Worker, Wild beast, Effect Master, Miss Allyoucanknow, King Leoric.
in the Middle: Bandit Apperantice, Hermit Wanderer, Painter man, Ghost Summoner, The Pure, Evoker of the Necron Covenant, Golemancer.
in the End: Dragonlord, Mountain Wolf, Bright Paladin, Creep King, Draenei Tower Builder.
russoka

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge on 15/5/2012, 19:11

Wow O_O
Okay, what he actually meant was to include an 'ability' or button in the command card of the builder that new players will be able to use if they are struggling. It will give them useful information about how to develop an income, build a maze, upgrade towers and diversify their maze. It will also give them hints and tips for that specific race.
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by russoka on 16/5/2012, 02:27

Help me with Hi-Cost stupid f*ckin Effect Master. How to kill 2 Ogre 2 Shamans 4 Crabs 6 Pandas aka Spiders on 11 wave. How to kill 3 sala + 12 Wolfes on 21 wave? How to make 2200 Income to 25 wave? If I played for Goblin I can to kill those and make about 2500 income to 23 wave. I think for begginer can't to make any tips for unbalanceded races. Effect Master not later - Cant to kill Elder + 8 Dreadlords without juggle. Creep King can it, Dragonlord can it, Mountain Wolf can it. All game you will have low income and low damage. BUT!!! You have stupid poison!!! OMG. For what? For killing with nonmazed towers scattered across the path of the creeps in a section? Siege Utit with frost abilities can't to kill pudge. Better to do for dps of maze more Fire Archers(Burning of shit unit). A gift to these shortcomings, we get a bug to sell several times was seen. Repeatedly killed bosses aura remained and even that happened until the end of the game.
This is sarcasm. Thanks for reading.

I can to teach begginer how to play for Goblin, Golemancer, Creep King, Demon, etc. I can teach how to build basic mazes.

About Tips. We can create line with the division of ability.

Like Wisp King.
Cost: I
Requirements for the Maze: IIII
Strong on early game: IIIII
Strong on medium game: IIII
Strong on late game: I
Special Abilities: Bush... (i dont know about other abi by wisp)

I think this tips to help for editing balance of races. Like useless Effect Master and too much strong like Rain Maker.
russoka

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge on 16/5/2012, 08:47

[Removed]

Yeah, about that post, I hadn't actually been to sleep yet after about 26 hours, so I was a bit out of it. Just ignore this Tongue

Last edited by }{odge-Podge on 16/5/2012, 16:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sleep deprivation)
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by russoka on 16/5/2012, 11:22

russoka

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 16/5/2012, 16:29

Yeah originally this topic was (as Hodge pointed out) for a passive button which gave a few hints / tips for player who weren't quite sure how to play a builder.

I doubt / dislike the idea of splitting them into separate taverns based on those attributes, thanks for trying to split them logically though.
I prefer your second idea more russoka, with adding in those stats in the builder selection part. May consider it in future versions. (That picture is also quite helpful.)

Some of the builders are definitely more powerful than others, balancing will take place after a (complete) stable map is made.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum