Timer, -t

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Timer, -t

Post by DRag0N_ATF on 18/1/2012, 11:11

I think it's by far not difficult to implement a mode showing your timer (correctly! Excited). Just like -income command.
DRag0N_ATF

Back to top Go down

Re: Timer, -t

Post by LeafMuncher on 18/1/2012, 17:40

I think that would just dumb it down a bit. To me TTW is a game where I always play on the very edge, judging how much I will need to kill opposing creeps, how much gold I'll have at the end of the next round (being 1 gold short on voids is annoying, but my own fault Tongue), judging the pathing time of your maze, and just as important being able to judge the sell timer. With a way to see the exact timer it would remove one aspect of skill from the game. Instead of judging the timer yourself you would know exactly when to sell (if you know your maze's pathing time well).

That's just my opinion on the matter, maybe the other staff and testers will disagree with me.
LeafMuncher

Back to top Go down

Post by MoJo on 18/1/2012, 18:42

Actually it would be nice a command to see your if you timer is reset or even a message that tells you when the timer is reset.
Especially since the map is not 100% fixed, knowing if the timer is reset would be a good idea.

As for how long the timer is ... agree with leaf, an experienced player should know exactly how much it is.

MoJo

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 18/1/2012, 19:46

I must agree with Leaf on this point.

I thought about the message thing MoJo, but I'm not sure it would be nice, 'cus imagine the amount of times per game (esp goalie) that your timer resets - that's quite a lot of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

http://tropicaltowerwars.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DRag0N_ATF on 20/1/2012, 06:14

Ok, what does "Time" at the game multiboard refer to?

p.s. 8o
DRag0N_ATF

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 20/1/2012, 11:24

The "Time" actually refers to the 'average time' that it takes for creeps to pass through your region Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

Back to top Go down

Post by DRag0N_ATF on 22/1/2012, 05:42

Thanks Smile

Well, you've persuaded me here too Smile
DRag0N_ATF

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge on 26/1/2012, 00:22

I agree with Leafy Smile If you are going to be a pro, you are going to know everything about your maze and what you are doing. If there was some mechanic telling you everything then it removes the element of knowing your stuff and knowing how to play well. Although I love the idea of a timer being shown, it would be irritating seeing it reset all the time... Cosmetically it would be f*** ugly to be honest, so just leave it as is Smile good idea though Excited
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum