Custom Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Models

Post by Frozenwolf on 26/10/2011, 01:34

I think we should introduce some custom models either to builders or maybe the main towers of each race to start. Even just small changes to the models it doesn't have to be anything crazy. I know to edit models but I don't have tons of experience but if you think it's a good idea I will be willing to help and are there others on the forum that know how to model?
Frozenwolf

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Models

Post by MoJo on 26/10/2011, 02:01

I am familliar with modelling and i do it quite often for my work, but i never tried it on a warcraft model though ... i'll see if i am able to.

MoJo

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir on 26/10/2011, 02:19

The TTW map is very small when compared to other war3 maps, this is mainly due to it having very few custom models, icons, etc (or at least that's what I think), so try not to include too much custom stuff. The size is actually quite nice for in-game downloading.

It is a good idea though, and I could really see it adding to the map. I've done quite extensive modeling for games (low and high poly, with varying texture complexities), but not for war3. (I once edited the model of a piece of cheese Excited to something very uncheese like Censor). So I could help out once I've learnt a war3 model editing program. (And hopefully passed matric Tongue)
I quite like what YouTD has done in terms of modeling - as an example Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H3katonkheir

http://tropicaltowerwars.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozenwolf on 26/10/2011, 02:44

I haven't played YouTD I'll check it out Smile I was just thinking of a few changes for now and see how it goes
Frozenwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top